1. What is magnetic therapy and what are the benefits?
Magnetic therapy is a safe, non-invasive method of applying magnetic fields to the body for therapeutic purposes. It accelerates the natural healing process and provides natural pain relief.
Benefits of magnetic therapy include:
- Magnetic devices increase the blood flow in capillaries, flushing out lactic acid and other inflammatory substances from tissues, thereby relieving pain and inflammation.
- It Increase blood and oxygen circulation along with the nutrient carrying capacity of the blood
- Improve fracture healing
- Can powerfully influence the production of certain hormones from the endocrine glands
- Stimulates and fosters enzyme activity and other related physiological processes
2. What kind of cases can magnetic therapy treat?
- Arthritis, arthropathies, spondylosis
- Fractured bones form trauma/stress fractures
- Muscular disorders
- Chronic pain, phantom limb pain, neuritis
- Arterial and venous insufficiency, cerebrovascular insufficiency
- Bronchial asthma
- Selected skin disorders
3. Is it a safe treatment?
Yes. Magnetic therapy devices which are used in medical field are absolutely safe.
4. When do you apply this therapy?
I personally use magnetic therapy quite often in my practice. It can be applied in case of acute trauma or inflammation as well as chronic condition, poor healing or fracture.
One has always remember indications, which I mentioned above and contraindications, such as:
- Pacemakers or automatic internal defibrillators
- Acute infections/ active tuberculosis
- Endocrine disorders
5. Which tools are used to deal with the body in this treatment?
Magnetic therapy devices are customized to work solo or as a part of more complex combined equipment. Magnetic therapy may be safely combined with vibration therapy, cold laser therapy or light therapy.
6. Do you advise using magnetic treatment?
Yes. I would definitely advice and advocate to use magnetic therapy. However, we have sufficient data today which proven, that combined use of PT modalities several times more effective then every single modality along. And I am using this advantage in my everyday practice.